in honor of shakespeare’s 450th birthday (and as thanks to the fandom for being exceptionally cool), I’m doing a giveaway!
there’ll be two winners, each of whom can choose one of the options below:
- a signature shakespeare edition of the play of their choice (like the one shown here, these are hardcover copies with informative footnotes, commentary, essays, laser-cut paper art between the acts and a timeline of “significant performances”; you can see some more of the art here)
- a DVD of a globe or RSC production of their choice (non-shakespeare productions like the globe’s doctor faustus or the RSC’s documentaries and DVDs on shakespearean acting are fair game too, and if you’re worried about region locked DVDs I can also include an mp4 copy on a USB to be safe)
- a copy of to be or not to be by ryan north (a choose your own adventure version of hamlet in which you can play as hamlet, ophelia and/or claudius, which is exactly as entertaining as it sounds— the kickstarter page offers a pretty good idea of what it’s all about if you don’t know already)
- I’ll use random.org to determine the winner from the notes on this post, so just like/reblog to enter
- you don’t have to be following me to win (it’d be cool of you, but it won’t affect your chances either way— this is open to anyone who likes shakespeare)
- I can ship internationally, so it doesn’t matter where you live
- make sure your askbox is open so I can notify you if you win!
- ends may 6 (because that’s when the RSC’s richard ii with david tennant comes out on DVD, so yes, that is an option if you so choose)
if you have any other questions (or suggestions for prizes of equivalent value that you’d also be interested in seeing as an option— I was thinking maybe the hollow crown box set if I can find it?), just send me an ask!